Wednesday, March 27, 2013

How Iris Got Her Name

Iris
Iris (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Corgis are known for being stubborn, but I'll be nice and let Mom bark, or talk, for now. OK, Baroo, woof, grrr, Mom. Say what you will say!!

Thanks, Iris. How generous of you to let me post on MY OWN BLOG!!! You should get your own blog. Oh, wait, this is your blog & you just let me use it, right? BOL! Barking out loud!  OK, I will just talk MORE about you! Satisfied? How Iris got he name is a good tale to tell. Eight years ago, Bob & I received money back from the IRS, unheard of for us. We had been looking for a Corgi since our last shelter dog had died. We visited a breeder in Powell, Ohio and found Iris, or Iris found us. She was not part of the new litter to be sold, but she crawled into my lap, turned on her belly, begged for a pettin' and the rest is history. She was called "Peanut" at the time , but named her Iris! No, she is not named for the flower, but for the IRS money that paid for her. She's the best thing we ever received from the goverment!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment