Tuesday, June 25, 2013

We Live On

No, no Iris in this picture! It has been less than a month that our girl has passed. Iris is at the Rainbow Bridge, but her spirit lives on! I always associated the color purple with my Corgi girl. Growing up in SW Ohio, the first irises I saw heralding spring were the bearded purple ones. Therefore my fluffy Iris girl had a purple leash and harness. One of our daughters bought this purple calla lily in her memory and our wonderful vet family @ Faust Animal Hospital made this paw print impression for us. The vets not only cared for & loved Iris, the whole staff adored her. Corgis are a bit unusual in Phoenix, AZ, so everyone knew her. They educated us, too, about Addison's Disease in dogs and renal failure. Everyone in that office signed and sent cards of condolences. Before this month is over, I will present them with some sunflowers and a poem and some pictures of our strong-willed, brave girl! Baroo!

No comments:

Post a Comment